San Antonio outscores Miami by 70 in the Finals
The San Antonio Spurs Dynasty is a fact of life in the NBA and the rest of the league may as well get used to it. Not only did the Spurs disassemble the Heat in five games, they set a number of NBA records in doing it.
- 70 points – Biggest point differential in NBA Finals History
- Tim Duncan’s 158 Playoff Double doubles the best in NBA Playoff History
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili – The most successful trio in NBA history
- 4 championship titles by Duncan, Parker, Ginobili matches Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Cooper and Kurt Rambis’ four in the 1980s
- At age 22, Kwahi Leonard is the youngest Finals MVP since Tim Duncan (who was also 22) won his in 1999
There are still other records to list but one thing that cannot be shown in the record books was the sense of team on this squad. They played as one unit and avenged their game seven loss in the 2013 NBA Finals to this same Heat team.