The Spurs apparently were active right up until the cutoff point before the lockout as they attempted to swing a late trade.
ESPN.com’s Marc Stein tweets that , who eventually ended up in Cleveland in the J.J. Hickson trade.
Casspi remained with the Cavaliers and the Spurs couldn’t get the deal done before last Thursday’s shutoff point.
Does that mean they may still try to trade for Casspi as an answer to their jumbled rotation at small forward?
We’ll have to wait until after the lockout to see about that.
Until then, here are a few missives from my blog brothers and other conventional media sources as we head into the NBA’s uncertain immediate future because of the cursed lockout.
- Ken Rodriguez of Spurs.com has the story of from working for the Seattle SuperSonics in college to an assistant coaching position with the Spurs.
- Kevin Callahan of the Cherry Hill, N.J., Courier-Post pens that.
- Dave Mackall of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports thatduring games at the Greentree Sportsplex in Pittsburgh.
- Brad Everett of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette relates how Blair at Pittsburgh Basketball Club Pro-Am League.
- Trevor Zickgraf of Project Spurs.com has anfor Latvia in Fiba’s current U-19 tournament.
- Erick Dampier might not have been partying with the Dallas Mavericks after the NBA Finals, according to Ira Winderman of the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel that was .
- Tony Parker and George Hill apparently are headed to France , according to ouestfrance.fr.
- The Big Lead.com hasduring the lockout.
- The Austin American-Statesman’s always astute Kirk Bohls is the Spurs picked former University of Texas point guard Cory Joseph in the first round of the NBA Draft.
- B Diddy of Air Alamo.com has from both sides as they work to a settlement in the lockout.
- Matt Bonner tells the Manchester Union-Leader at Rundlett Middle School back home in Concord, N.H.
- Andrew McNeill of 48 Minutes of Hell.com writes about and how it might affect the Spurs’ deal with Jefferson. McNeill also wonders if if they haven’t signed professional contracts during the lockout and expects because of the lockout.
- Hill tells Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star that the lockout will give him with his new teammates on the Indiana Pacers.
- Josh Guyer of Pounding the Rock.com has started a.
- and are among the Spurs-related choices on the Bleacher Report’s Colin Ward-Henninger’s list of the 101 most despised athletes in sports history.