Blog brother Scott Bailey of the San Antonio Business Journal makes an interesting point about the Spurs that is topical considering the controversy of Kareem Abdul-Jabban and his long-promised statue at the Staples Center.
Bailey proposes , adding that his picks would be for monuments immortalizing George Gervin, David Robinson and Tim Duncan.
I’m curious is Spurs Nation believes if others would merit inclusion along with Bailey’s three no-brainers?
Would Gregg Popovich deserve a statue because of his direction of four championship teams?
How about Sean Elliott or James Silas?
This is an even bigger honor than having your roster number retired.
And it would add something to the franchise and its storied history to have its pivotal figures cast in stone outside their home arena.
It’s a good idea, don’t you think?
Here are a few other Spurs-related stories and blog posts heading into the weekend.
- Andrew McNeill of 48 Minutes of Hell.comabout the Spurs’ future title hopes with their current roster.
- John McMullen of The Sports Network writes that Scott Brooks sticking with Eric Maynor Thursday night reminded him ofinstead of Parker in the 2003 playoffs.
- The wise men from Spurs Nation.com — Michael De Leon, Paul Garcia and Jake Faunce — take a look at for the Spurs this summer.
- The Philadelphia Daily News’ John Smallwood writes about the for the Dallas Mavericks throughout Dirk Nowitzki’s career.
- Wayne Vore of Spurs Planet.com describes two big decisions the Spurs face in .
- Daniel Barber of Yahoo.com ranks Memphis’ victory over the Spurs among the so far this season.
- If you’re planning a vacation this summer, Jen Westmoreland Bouchard of for Reuters.com describes where Parker’s wax figure can be in the Ninth Arrondissement in Paris.
- Jesse Blanchard of 48 Minutes of Hell.com writes how difficult it is to get and how the Spurs’ as Duncan ages.
- David Breitman of “The Sports Show” at Comedy Central.com has a littlefor Parker’s comments about his team’s title competitiveness.
- Big 50 of Pounding the Rock.com for the season and found the end of the Miami-Chicago game .
- The guys at 48 Minutes of Hell check in with Sebastian Pruiti of for a .
- Justin Biehle of Pounding the Rock.com writes that watching the playoffs without the Spurs can .
- The Australian newspaper The Warrnambool Standard ranks Parker among thefor rapping career.
- Jason Rogers of Planet Spurs from European basketball to the NBA.