Even with the lockout, there’s still a few interesting stories found on the internet if you look hard enough.
ESPN.com “insider” Tom Haberstroh spells out a variety of scenarios that might be available for the Phoenix Suns if they .
Among the possible trades that Haberstroh considers is one where Nash would be dealt traded to the Spurs for a package including Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter.
Haberstroh also mentions Oklahoma City and New York as possible locations for Nash.
Here’s what he had to say about a Nash-to-the-Spurs scenario on his password-protected report.
“Who else should the Suns call? The San Antonio have a shutting title window, but it’s still open as long as Tim Duncan’s around. The Spurs might feel pressure to shake things up after their core was blindsided by the Grizzlies last season. The money works for a Nash-for-Tony Parker deal, but the Suns may be reluctant to absorb Parker’s long-term deal unless they receive Tiago Splitter in there, too.
One problem with Haberstroh’s analysis. Even with Parker’s iffy contract status, I can’t see Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford willingly trading him and Splitter for Nash. Parker is more than 8 years younger than Nash. While Nash ranks among the greatest point guards in NBA history, I think that age difference effectively kills any interest the Spurs might have.
Here are a few other Spurs-related stories from across the web. Enjoy them.
- Oregonian columnist John Canzano says that Spurs assistant general manager Dennis Lindseyfor the vacant Portland general manager position.
- Project Spurs.com’s Michael De Leon liked what he saw when by scoring 24 points and grabbing 10 rebounds to help beat the former BYU All-American’s team.
- Andrew McNeill of 48 Minutes of Hell.com describes how a the Spurs annual Rodeo Road Trip. And McNeill isn’t excited about Duncan , despite new Spurs strength coach Matt Herring’s aim to preserve his career for a few more years.
- Humberto Cervera of Project Spurs.com writes that for the NBA season to start.
- Associated Press Indianapolis-based reporter Cliff Brunt when the lockout ends.
- The Sacramento Bee’s Ailene Voisin notes that the Kings’ home exhibition opener against the Spurs is among the .
- an interview with Toronto radio station CJCL.
- Among current and former Spurs, Duncan ranks as the on the Bleacher Report.com’s Kelly Scaletta’s list of top players in NBA history. , , and . Michael Jordan is the.
- CBS Sports.com’s Jeff Goodman describes the to former Oklahoma coach and current Houston top assistant Kelvin Sampson.
- KXAN television in Austin notes that the Spurs and Rockets are the only professional teams to have .
- Parker’s wedding band tattoo when he married Eva Longoria is ranked as one of the by Miss Abigail’s Guide.com.